Customer Service Automation Best Practices
In today’s E-commerce landscape, customers have become both more tech aware and more demanding, and it’s clear to see that their foremost expectation in terms of service is speed. Yet, SMBs find it hard to compete with the big players, that can afford 24/7 service. This is where customer service automation comes in. However, this kind of services often gets a bad reputation. When done right, automating customer service provides tremendous benefits to businesses, summing up with improvement in customer retention and revenue growth.
How Can Customer Service Automation Help My Business?
- Optimize your process 🤗 - It’s no secret that most of your customers’ requests are recurring. Customer self-service resources, such as FAQs, and interactive knowledge bases, will allow customers to solve simple problems and answer common questions without needing the help of a live agent. These automated solutions will allow the human support representatives to focus on addressing more complex queries.
- Cut support costs 💰 - providing good & sustainable support requires plenty of your resources. Customer service automation lets you operate convincingly and efficiently with a more compact team, and by solving the simple problems, it makes your team’s working agenda more fruitful and diverse.
- Reduce customer friction 😎 - when a customer gets in touch with customer service, long wait times is a giant pain point. To shorten them, you two main options: automating support channels, or hiring more agents. While the second option might seem easier to execute, it is highly more costly, hence probably not realistic. Automatic customer service, on the other hand, can reduce your response time to a minimum, without eroding your margins. Automating customer service shows you care for your customers’ time, which is highly valued by nowadays customers.
But If the automation of customer service processes were both easy to implement and risk-free, then everyone would be using them. That’s just not the case. There are several potential bumps in the road to a successful automation support funnel. The lack of human contact and inaccurate configuration can damage your service reputation if not done right.
In order to keep your reputation clean while obtaining automatic customer service, you must be sure to address the following issues:
- Pick your battles - let the automation process take care of problems that are simple and generic.
- Test yourself - give your customers an accessible platform, via the automation tool, to provide feedback to the support process.
- Keep your live agents available & helpful - provide an easy way to reach your live agents. The extra savings and time freed-up by the automation can be reinvested in your human team!
Well, No doubt those tips are only the tip of the iceberg, but every journey starts with just one step. Following those steps can make your employees happier, and increase significantly customer satisfaction. The route towards customer service automation is, for sure, not easy, but it is a highly important step for your business.